Dr. Christian Schupp
Dr. Christian Schupp is a primary care sports medicine (PCSM) physician who is board certified in family medicine with certificate of added qualifications in sports medicine (CAQSM). He is a fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and applies a nonoperative Sports Health approach to help athletes and active individuals of all ages reach their sports goals. He performs routine family medical care, provides concussion testing and management and treats a broad range of overuse injuries and conditions.
Dr. Schupp is the Medical Director for The Woodlands Half and Full Marathons and serves as team physician to high school and college sports teams, advisor to professional sports groups, and is a part of the sports medicine faculty at the Methodist Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship at Willowbrook. He is an associate professor at Weill Cornell Medical College and a published author.
Dr. Schupp is the coauthor of an article recently published in the prestigious Current Sports Medicine Reports, an official journal of the ACSM. Read "Sideline Management from Head to Toe of the Skeletally Immature Athlete."
- University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio, Texas
- Residency in the Memorial Family Medicine Residency Program in Houston, Texas
- Fellowship in Sports Medicine at Kaiser Permanente in Fontana, California
- Board Certified in Family Medicine with Certificate of Added Qualifications in Sports Medicine
- Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine
- Concussion management
- Sports injuries associated with frequency of play
- Medical Director for The Woodlands half and full marathon
- Team physician for Klein Forest and Concordia Lutheran High Schools
- Volunteer for the Chevron Houston Marathon and Texas Ironman in the Woodlands