Dr. Christian Schupp
Dr. Christian Schupp is a primary care sports medicine (PCSM) physician who is board certified in family and sports medicine. He applies the unique nonoperative Sports Health approach of the Methodist Willowbrook PCSM team to help athletes and the active of all ages reach their sports goals through optimal health. He performs routine family medical care, provides concussion testing and management and treats a broad range of overuse injuries and arthritic conditions.
He serves as team physician to high school and college sports teams, advisor to professional sports groups, and is a part of the sports medicine faculty at the Methodist Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship at Willowbrook. He is an assistant professor of Family Medicine in Clinical Medicine at The Methodist Hospital for Weill Cornell Medical College and a published author. He is also a member of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and the Development of ACSM Membership committee.
- University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio, Texas
- Residency in the Memorial Family Medicine Residency Program in Houston, Texas
- Fellowship in Sports Medicine at Kaiser Permanente in Fontana, California
- Board Certified in Family Medicine with Certificate of Added Qualifications in Sports Medicine
- Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine
- Concussion management
- Sports injuries associated with frequency of play
- Iron Man (Kona, The Woodlands)
- Multiple high schools