As cartilage, the connective tissue between joints, wears away with age and movement, it can cause rough edges of bone to rub together. When this friction begins to cause significant pain and impaired mobility, joint replacement is often the patient's best option. Houston Methodist Orthopedics & Sports Medicine offers less-invasive joint replacement surgeries that can greatly improve our patients' quality of life.
Our physicians perform the following treatments for joint replacement, using the most advanced materials and latest techniques:
- Advanced techniques to minimize post-operative discomfort
- Treatments for arthritic hips and knees
- Hip and knee replacement
- Revision of failed hip and knee replacements
- Less-invasive hip and knee replacement surgery
Other joint replacement surgery performed by Houston Methodist surgeons includes:
- Shoulder joint replacement (see our Shoulder Specialists)
- Elbow, wrist, finger joint replacement (see our Hand Specialists)
- Ankle joint replacement joint replacement (see our Foot & Ankle Specialists)
For more information on joint replacement, please visit the For Arthritis section.
Meet Our Hip & Knee Joint Replacement Specialists
Texas Medical Center
Physicians marked with an asterisk (*) are fellowship-trained in the field of joint replacement.