Dr. Ken Mathis
Throughout his career as a joint replacement expert, Dr. Mathis has earned worldwide recognition for pioneering improved, longer-lasting implants as well as more precise, less invasive surgical techniques. Under his leadership, Houston Methodist has also taken on an international leadership role, hosting real-time virtual conferences that are beamed as far away as Brazil and Saudi Arabia.
Dr. Mathis also publishes extensively on joint replacement topics and has been recognized several times on the "Best Doctors in America" list and listed as a "Super Doctor" by Texas Monthly.
- Undergraduate: Baylor University
- Medical School: University of Texas Health Science Center Southwestern Medical School
- Residency in Orthopedic Surgery, Louisiana State University
- Residency in General Surgery, University of Missouri
- Adult Reconstruction & Total Joint Arthroplasty Fellowship, Orthopedic Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Development of new designs in knee and hip implants
- Computerized training of surgical skills