Dr. Kevin Varner
To request an appointment with Dr. Varner, call 713-441-3150.
Specialties & Interests
- Foot & ankle
- Sports-related ankle injuries
- Ankle trauma
- Ankle replacement
- Ankle arthroscopy
Forms & Resources
Office Phone: 713-441-3150
Dr. Kevin Varner, Interim Chairman of the Department of Orthopedics at Houston Methodist Hospital, specializes in foot and ankle disorders. Specific areas of interests include tibia fractures and sports related injuries of the foot and ankle. He serves as the head team physician for the Houston Ballet and is an assistant team orthopedic surgeon for the Houston Texans, the Houston Dynamo and the University of Houston. He is also a member of the Methodist Center for Performing Arts Medicine.
Dr. Varner completed his foot and ankle fellowship at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD. He is certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and was named by Texas Monthly magazine as one of its "Super Docs." Dr. Varner sees patients in the Texas Medical Center, Sugar Land and Pearland.
- Undergraduate: Texas A&M University
- Medical School: Baylor College of Medicine
- Residency in Orthopedic Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine
- Fellowship Trained in Foot & Ankle Surgery, Johns Hopkins University
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Team & Performing Arts Affiliations
- Head Physician, Houston Ballet
- Houston Dynamo
- Houston Texans
- University of Houston
- Consultant for Houston Astros