Dr. Scott Rand
Dr. Rand is board certified in family medicine with certificate of added qualifications (CAQ) in sports medicine. He is the director of the Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship program at Houston Methodist Willowbrook - one of only two such accredited programs in the greater Houston area and one of just 111 around the country. He is also the director of the new Methodist Human Performance Lab. His practice focuses on the overall medical care, concussion management, and nonoperative orthopedic care of athletes and active people of all ages. Dr. Rand is recognized as a national leader in Primary Care Sports Medicine education and co-chairs an education testing subcommittee within the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM). He is an avid speaker and coauthor and editor of the recently published AMSSM’s Sports Medicine CAQ Study Guide. He is an assistant professor at Weill Cornell Medical College and a consulting team physician for many area high schools, club sports, and running groups and is one of the team physicians for Rice University.
Patient Stories and Educational Videos
- Dr. Rand talks about our PCSM Program
- Fellow marathon runner, Robynne turns to Dr. Rand to overcome an overuse injury and return to competition.
- University of South Dakota School of Medicine
- Family Medicine Residency, Naval Hospital, Pensacola, FL
- Board Certified Family Medicine with Certificate of Added Qualifications in Sports Medicine
- Concussion management
- Preparticipation physicals
- Rice University
- Multiple high schools